Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

The Death of Lawndale Commons



From notorious moments in Daria fan history: this thread, located here , was found by a Google search. It deals with the implosion of the Lawndale Commons Message Board, and why it supposedly imploded. Definitely worth reading.

I will quote from Ms. Klein-Hass, however:

" I mean everything I said there. In the over a year period since I started
Lawndale Commons, I have made some lovely friends, but have also withstood
tons of abuse.

Now I understand why all of the great Daria mega-fansites have died. No
good deed goes unpunished. You'd better treat Martin Pollard well, because
when Outpost Daria dies, that's it.

I'll see you all in chat, and here on a.t.d.
"

My question: if Outpost Daria were to all of a sudden shutter its doors tomorrow, 1) would that be the end of Daria fandom, and 2) would that be the last of the great Daria fan sites? My answers: no, and no. Good thing Daria fandom limped along for another, oh, six years....



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

stats count