Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

Translation



At the PPMB:

An interesting topic: "New Character, or Mary Sue?"

At the SFMB:

Ranger Thorne completed two more chapters of "Rock-a-Bye, Sweet Baby Jane".
The Angst Guy completed Chapter 6 of "Forgotten, But Not Gone".

Here is the translation to the story posted below in French by "CYNIC", helpfully provided by Mr. Orange - I did some minor editing to provide nasal consonants.

LHS, morning. The Fashion Club enters the corridor. Sandi, Stacy and Tiffany have heavy winter clothes, red noses and heavy bags under their eyes. Quinn, for her part, is radiant.

Quinn : Sandi, I can't believe that you had to wait for your parent's return to get back inside!

Sandi : What I can't belieb is that by parents believed my little brother's lie. As if they hadn't heard us beating on the windob!

Stacy : A-A-ATCHOO!!

Tiffany : It's... so...unfairrrr....

Quinn : Well, yeah, it's really terrible. Me, I was very lucky with that school dance that "I" organized. Everybody came to congratulate me! And at the end, when Joey, Jefy and Whatshisname ganged upon Corey and Skylar on my behalf, it was all completely... moronic.

Stacy : You bean drabatic?

Quinn : No, no, Daria told me that the right word is really moronic.

Sandi : But Gwinn, the three Js weren't at your barty that evening.

Quinn (a small smile on her lips) : I know! They said they were at another party, and that it really sucked, so...!

Sandi (threatening) : GWINN! They could not thay that, they were at MY party!

Quinn (faux sorry) : Oh, but, as they said they didn't like their previous party, I thought that didn't go to yours, that's all!

The two girls glare at each other and, as the bell signaling the beginning of classes rings, they enter their classroom. Behind them, Daria and Jane walk up the corridor.

Daria : Did you hear that, she's still congratulating herself for YOUR decoration work. All she had to do that evening was to be the cause of a brawl.

Jane ; Doesn't matter. It's not as if the school recognized my artistic work. And after all, she trusted me with the budget, and given I haven't spent it all, I have enough left to keep me in art supplies for at least six months.

Daria : And also to buy pizza to you partner in crime after class ?

Jane (smirking) : For at least six months.


And some art by Milo Minderbender. The woman at the pole is our beloved Aunt Amy, solving the long-answered fan question of what Amy does for a living.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

stats count