Saturday, October 08, 2005

 

Feed That (Actual) Chauvinist
Pig to Ms. Barch, I Say


A brief review just posted at Amazon.com:
"Drawn Together: A Cartoon Reality Show" -- Season One

* (out of *****): This abomination? On DVD?

I have nothing against toilet humor or rampant sexual innuendo, as such -- I adore "South Park," most of the time, and "Crank Yankers" often gets me howling -- but this series was an uncreative, flaccid, turgid mess. And the mixed 2-D animation styles gave me a headache. I could barely watch portions of two of these episodes.

There's a point where navel-gazing, especially into such self-referential phenomena as "reality shows," loses all point. Even with satire being intended. "Drawn Together" gave up its focus before the first episode's first commercial break.

They won't release the hilarious and genuinely literate "Daria" on DVD at Paramount Home Video, but they'll release this sniggering absurdity? Western civilization isn't worth saving, I tell you.
And now that I'm thoroughly depressed, I'm going to go back to bed. But not before doing what's linked below ... again.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

stats count