Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 

Drinking Some Aspartame


Looking at my Sprite Zero. Yep, aspartame. Tastes pretty good to me. Your personal experience, though, might vary from mine.

This is why I try to avoid posting in PPMB’s “Nick’s Corner.” (Although I’ve posted there more than once or twice in my alternate identity — but never as a regular.) Topics like politics, and “Flame Wars” over at the SFMB, are just buzzsaws waiting to happen, to chew up and spit out the unwitting Daria fan. Didn’t Robert Nowall leave over some foolishness at “Nick’s Corner”?

Can’t post more about it, because I never read the thread in question until after the fact. But boy, I wish I were there for the blowup! What I love more than just about anything is good old-fashioned gossip, and seeing the meltdown in progress would have been compelling.

In general, things that should not be talked about without knowing what you’re getting into: politics, religion, and class/money. That’s just one of those general lessons of life that applies across all message boards.

Oh yeah, and where’s my update post? At the bottom of a “to do” list that has included phone interviews, cleaning the house for a party on Wednesday, and a nasty back muscle strain that has left me virtually immobilized. Selah.

Also: new policy at PPMB. The next time you scream “I’m leaving!” expect to find the door locked when you get back. I don’t know what this policy actually serves, but it’s their board and we just live there. Me, I want to know what happened to Thea Zara and who is going to fix SFMB.

Labels: ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

stats count