Sunday, April 01, 2007

 

Look OUT!

(At the flea market, Jane and Jesse are walking
back to their LP booth, sodas in hand)


Jane: You see, my theory is that our primitive hunting instinct has no outlet in modern society.
Jesse: Cool. (slurps soda)
Jane: So, rather than stalking animals, we substitute it with the shopping experience, and hunt for objects.
Jesse: Cool. (slurps soda)
Jane: (a bit exasperated) And then, Jesse, while we’re asleep, those objects come to life and plot their secret takeover of our civilization. April first, 2007. That’s the day they make their move!
Jesse: Cool. (slurps soda)

(From “That Was Then, This Is Dumb,” 1998)
Dunno ’bout ’chew, but I’m gonna be extra careful today. Especially when, in honor of the renovated Yeagers, I fix bacon and (store-bought) garlic toast for breakfast! Don’t want the stove turning on me when I turn it on.

I don’t have one LP any more of “Boston,” let alone three, but since I’ve been too close to voluntary simplicity {g} these days (it’s those gas prices), I’m gonna go download “More Than a Feeling” from the Internets ...

Two-week fanworks update coming soon, if this computer is willing to keep worki

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

stats count